Toilet Cleaning Tips
Now this should be a job no one enjoys – but we all have to do! This is going to be your guide to toilet cleaning top tips. Rubber gloves at the ready and toilet brushes in hand for this one! This blog is especially for those of us who pour some bleach on the toilet bowl and run away in fear. We have created the perfect toilet deep clean hacks just for you! If you have any you want to share, then leave a comment below.
The Night(mare) Before Cleaning
Not quite as exciting as Christmas eve, but you can prepare to clean your toilet the night before and make your job a lot easier. We recommend doing this the night before as it gives the longest amount of time for the cleaner to breakdown any dirt and grime. All you need to do is put bleach/toilet cleaner in the toilet bowl the night before (and hope no one needs a midnight toilet trip!).
Starting the mission
When tackling a deep clean job, it can be hard to know where to start as there are so many little jobs to do until you have conquered the task. We suggest starting at the bottom of the toilet bowl. This means first cleaning the base, cistern, bowl, seat, and then handle. This prevents transferring nasty bacteria to hot spots (the areas we touch most like the toilet handle). It might seem like just another step to the task – but don’t forget to lift the top off the toilet back and clean the inside as moisture can hide here.
Clean your toilet brush
There is no point doing a deep clean if your cleaning tools are dirty! Here are the steps you need to know to clean your toilet brush –
- Place the brush and brush holder in a bucket with some strong bleach and leave for 15 minutes
- Rinse the brush and holder with clean water until all of the dirt is removed and they appear clean
- Repeat these steps again to ensure they are completely clean
- Remember to lift the lid and clean the rim with bleach and an old cloth
- Leave the handle with disinfectant on for 15 minutes before wiping
- If the toilet starts to smell, then add 1 cup of bicarbonate of soda to the toilet weekly
- If lime scale is a problem, then sprinkle soda crystals in the bowl over-night and clean in the morning
- Want to keep it low maintenance? Add a cleaner capsule over the side of the bowl
These are our favourite toilet cleaning tips that make it a lot easier to tackle this task! If you have any clever toilet cleaning tips or hacks, then comment them below or tag us on our social media pages! We love to see how you get your homes shining – and we love a tip that can help us cheat cleaning!
- The SPh2ONGE team