Natural Cleaning Methods (Chemical Free!)
There is a big drive for natural and chemical free cleaning solutions as we all want the safest products in our homes. There are some great natural ingredients that work wonders at cleaning your home. We have picked some of our favourite ingredients and methods just for you!
Natural cleaning ingredients
- Baking soda – Great for cleaning and scouring dirt – Brilliant to deodorise!
- Castile soap – Use as an all-purpose cleaner – Even as washing detergent and shampoo!
- White Vinegar – Multi-use around the home for stains, mildew, odours, and mould!
- Lemon Juice – Removes stains, bacteria, and whiten whites.
- Olive oil – Best for polishing furniture.
- Essential Oils – Best for sanitation and creating a pleasant smell
- Salt – Great for scouring away tough dirt or when mixed with other products
- Soap nuts – Produce a natural soap that is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial
- Oven Cleaning – Create a paste of baking soda and water, then leave it on the inside of your oven. After a few hours you can wipe it away with a SPh2ONGE cloth and see a shining oven revealed!
- Scouring Powder – Take 2 parts baking soda, 1 part salt, and 1 part borax, then mix together. This works great on scouring soap scum in bathrooms.
- Citrus and Vinegar – Take a jar and fill with lemon peels and un-diluted white vinegar. Leave this mixture for up to 2 weeks for the citrus to infuse, then strain out the vinegar. This new mixture works great as a disinfectant or as a window cleaner with the SPh2ONGE cloth.
- Dishwasher Cleaning – Fill an unsealed jar with 2 cups of vinegar and place it on the top rack of the dishwasher. Then run a hot cycle on its own to clean it and remove any odours.
- Air Freshener – Simmer water with any of the following ingredients – lemon, rosemary, lavender, ginger, lime, orange, or thyme (or any combination)
- Shower heads – Fill a small plastic bag with white vinegar and place it over the shower head. Make sure the head is fully submerged, then secure it. Leave it on for up to 12 hours then rinse.
- Toilet Cleaner – Add a cup of baking soda to your toilet and leave for at least an hour. Follow this with a cup of white vinegar, then flush! Your toilet should be clean without scrubbing
- Furniture Polish – Mix ¼ cup white vinegar, ¾ cup olive oil, and the juice of half a lemon and then use your SPh2ONGE cloth to polish your furniture in a flash.
- Floor Cleaner – Add ¼ of a cup of white vinegar and a splash of castile soap to your bucket of warm water and get mopping
- Drain cleaner – Pour some baking soda down the drain and follow with white vinegar. These will break down dirt in your drain. After 10 minutes follow it will boiling water and you will have a clear and clean drain.
We love these tips and know you will too! Cleaning is always made easier with SPh2ONGE so get yours here