Get that hob gleaming!
A glass stove top can look sleek and stylish in your kitchen as well as doubling as extra counter space but they can be a devil to clean if food and dirt become stuck!
Luckily, both your SPh2ONGE and cloth by SPh2ONGE can come in handy for this purpose.
As always, a glass stove top should be cleaned of spills and wiped down with your SPh2ONGE after every use in order to prevent dirt and grime from settling but if you want to do a deeper clean, SPh2ONGE is here to help:
- Make sure the hob is completely cool and spray a mix of water and vinegar onto the surface, this will clean and deodorise the surface.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the surface, baking soda is a mild alkali and a gentle abrasive which will help breakdown grit more easily and prevent scratching the glass. Combined with vinegar, it creates a fizzing chemical reaction and is one of the most-common natural cleaning products.
- Dip a towel in warm water and lay over the surface of the hob, this will soften any stuck-on stains or residue.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the towel and scrub the surface with your SPh2ONGE. This soft material is ideal for glass and delicate surfaces, never use a scourer or wire wool as this will damage the glass.
- Use a cloth by SPh2ONGE or a SPh2ONGE to buff out any streaks and get your stove top gleaming!
If you have a glass stove top, share your tips in the comments below on how you keep it clean!