16 Ways to Clean with Vinegar!
A lot of people are switching their standard store bought cleaning products for natural, chemical free methods that you can find already in your store cupboards. This week we want to highlight vinegar and all the ways that we can utilise it for household tasks. This is a great way to keep our homes clean in a cheap, natural, and chemical free way! Check out these great cleaning tips -
- Window Cleaner – Simply mix a 1:1 ratio of white vinegar and water and use a cloth to apply it to the window (a streak free shine!).
- Iron Cleaner – Pour a 1:1 mixture of water and white vinegar into your iron and leave it on steam for approximately. 5 minutes. This will break down any minerals and make your iron work better than ever!
- Kitchen Sink Cleaner – Pour 1 cup of white vinegar down the sink drain and then rinse after 1 hour. Repeat every 2 weeks to keep your drain clean and smelling fresh.
- Label Remover – To remove sticky labels from glassware, simply soak a cloth in white vinegar and apply pressure to the label for 5 minutes. Then simply wipe away the label to reveal no sticky residue!
- Paintbrush Cleaner – After use, soak the brush in vinegar overnight and then wash with warm water – ready for the next DIY!
- Deodorant Stains – Rub the stain with white vinegar on a cloth, and then run through a warm cycle in the washing machine
- Keep Colours Fresh – Soak bright fabrics in white vinegar before washing on a cycle.
- Wine Stains – Dab wine stain on cotton fabrics with white vinegar and then rinse.
- Pet Urine Stains – Soak the stain repeatedly until discolouration occurs, then rinse with water until all vinegar is out of the surface.
- Bathroom Cleaner – To remove soap stains from chrome, simply rub with 1: of water and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Sparkling Glassware – Add 2 cups of vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher to get a streak-free shine!
- Microwave Cleaning – Add a cup of 1:1 vinegar and water to the microwave and cook for 5 minutes. The steam will clean the inside of the microwave!
- Fresh Flowers – Add 2tbs of sugar and 2tbs of vinegar into a vase of flowers to keep them fresh for longer!
- Weed Killer – Saturate weeds in white vinegar to kill them from the root and stop unwanted spread across the garden.
- Blinds Cleaner – Add a few tablespoons of vinegar into a warm water solution to clean grime off your blinds.
- Stained Hands – if you love to cook with brightly coloured foods that have a habit of staining hands, simply keep a hand wash with 1:1 ratio of vinegar and aloe vera gel by the sink – stains gone!
Got some more SUPER uses for vinegar? Leave them below for all our other SPh2ONGE fans!